Easter Egg Hunt
Saturday, March 27 10:00 a.m.
Join us on LCR's lawn at 10:00 a.m., March 27 for an outdoor egg hunt and story time with Pr. Nicole! We will suspend our traditional indoor activities and crafts to help everyone keep distance and be safe. All participants are asked to bring a basket, wear a mask, and be mindful of distancing. A special area will be designated for younger egg hunters (4 years and younger) to help them maintain distance as well. Save the date and join us for some Easter fun!!!
Holy Week 2021 Worship Schedule
Palm Sunday, March 28
· Palms are available for pick-up in the vestibule now. Worship will be on Facebook Live at 9:30 a.m. We will bless the palms as part of our worship liturgy. Sermon time will be devoted to a virtual children’s Easter pageant.
Tuesday of Holy Week, March 30
· Pastor Nicole will lead a special contemplative worship service focused on Mary Magdalene. The worship service will be at 7:00 p.m. and livestreamed via Zoom. Check with the church office for the Zoom link.
Wednesday of Holy Week, March 31
· We will hold a special Zoom meeting at 7:00 p.m. to review our joint-Lutheran midweek worship services and the chat opportunity that followed worship. We will also talk about the ELCA Lenten devotional book and the Slack chat space that we used for conversation about our daily devotions. What went right? What went wrong? What did we learn about Digital Church possibilities for the future? Check with the church office for the Zoom link.
Maundy Thursday, April 1
· Our worship service will be on Facebook Live at 7:00 p.m. and include Holy Communion and special choir music. Have you ever noticed that the three Synoptic (same) gospels (Matthew, Mark, and Luke) tell one story of the Upper Room and John tells an entirely different story? What is up with that? Since we can’t gather in person for worship and re-enactment of Maundy Thursday this year, perhaps we have a unique opportunity to unpack and speculate about how the two stories make one story.
Good Friday, April 2
· We will have two worship offerings on Good Friday this year. The first offering will be a Noon worship service on Facebook Live which will include the traditional Bidding Prayer, a sermon, choir music, and conclusion with the singing of “Were You There?”
· The second offering will be a Contemplative Tenebrae worship service at 8:00 p.m. on Facebook Live. The Passion according to St. Mark will be read as candles are gradually extinguished in memory of our Lord’s suffering and death. Each reading will be followed by an instrumental interlude and a time of contemplation.
Easter Sunday, April 4
· Our Easter worship service will be on Facebook Live at 9:30 a.m. The sanctuary will be decorated with Easter flowers in the spirit of “Alleluia!” We’ll have special choir music, a sermon and Holy Communion.
· Weather permitting, we will have an outdoor Easter worship service in the Memorial Garden at 11:00 a.m. This worship service will be similar to the 9:30 a.m. worship service except that guitar music will be offered and worshipers will be invited to participate in the liturgy. Holy Communion will be offered.
· For families with children who are participating in the Penny Prayer devotional experience during Lent, please try to have the prayer cards, cups, and pennies back to church on Sunday morning before 9:30 a.m. We will bless them during Easter worship.
· For families with Catechism students, be reminded that you are to pick up the new cards, pennies and cups on Sunday afternoon for teens to participate in the Penny Prayer experience from Easter to Pentecost Sunday.
All worship services except the Mary Magdalene contemplative service and the Easter outdoor worship service will be limited to twenty in-person worshipers as is our current worship policy. A Sign-Up Genius will be provided for each worship service.